View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 04:08 PM   #10
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlemonde View Post

Do you know if it is actually possible, maybe from the eReader.config file, to set the automatic shutdown to a few days? I know the setting is made there, but is it safe to try to put there any value, such as the number of minutes in a day and a half? I don't know if it only accepts given values or if it recognises any number...

Yes it's safe to try any number of minutes. And if you're lucky, some might work. I've successfully had my Glo (non HD) power off after 48 hours* (entered in minutes) under firmware 4.8.x, but that didn't work** in (much) earlier firmware versions. My Clara is a little more fussy with what number of minutes it will and won't listen to. 48 and 55 hours hasn't worked so far under 4.9. I'm now testing 50 hours.

*Weirdly, the first two power-offs occurred somewhere between 12 and 25 hours, apparently irregularly, and then without changing any settings the Glo suddenly waited 48 hours before powering off, consistently. As if it was learning to count to 2880 (48x60)

**'Not working' means it will power off, but sooner than I tell it to. I haven't figured out after how long it powers off or if it's the same amount of minutes every time, but it seems to power off after (lots) more than 12 hours (maybe more than 20 but I'm not sure, I haven't paid enough attention). In any case it's a lot longer sleep-without-power-off time than you get with the maximum of 4 hours if you use the patch.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote