View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 10:50 PM   #52
royconejo
royconejo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox MAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRipple View Post
You ask what exactly is so much better with Onyx, I could list dozens of things but I will go with one word: Android. A system that let you install thousands of applications each offering multiple diverse features. But yeah, pay for the label...
Have in mind that Sony is oriented towards building a professional tool used in a production environment. It's not a toy for people who reads just for fun or have the time and patience to test which ones of 95% of apps in Google Play will hang or cause a device malfunction.

I really like Onxy and its "openness", the use of android and formats supported. I also had some problems with my Boox MAX and Booxtor support has been excellent (not so with the official support channels). But I simply cannot be a beta tester when I need the job done, for example taking notes in a meeting or going through lectures in college, etc. Tried several times before and Onyx products failed to give a 100% reliable experience.. and in a production environment you'll need no less. Onyx are excellent general purpose readers, but for serious work, I'll trust Sony and their professional oriented tools.

So, comparing this Sony tool with a Onyx MAX Carta or MAX 2 its like comparing apples and oranges.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited by royconejo; 04-17-2017 at 10:54 PM.
royconejo is offline   Reply With Quote