View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 08:10 PM   #39
lindsayw
Author from pBook days
lindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle-3-Keyboard; 8" Android Tablet
Here's an extract from my stylesheet file:
div.book {
margin-top:0.1em;
margin-bottom:0.4em;
font-family: serif;
}
...this expresses "white space" in ems, so it doesn't matter how large or small a font the user selects, the white space between paragraphs remains fairly proportional. I don't like paragraph indents ( perhaps because I'm Australian, we like things kept simple? ) but this could easily be added. The overall white space between paragraphs is 50% of a normal line of type, not 100% as would happen using standard html <p> tags.

And here's another one:
span.cap {
font-size:1.5em;
font-weight:bold;
line-height:90%;
}
Drop-caps for starts of break-points don't work very well with re-flowable text, but a larger-size cap works well, 150% bigger than whatever size the user has selected for body text. The 90% line-height is to reduce the gap reserved for "descenders" and avoid gaps between lines #1 and #2.

Last edited by lindsayw; 03-29-2011 at 08:45 PM.
lindsayw is offline   Reply With Quote