View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Excellent point!

That's one thing that always bugs me about their coupons. They're not always the bargain they first appear to be.
That depends on what you're buying, however. If you have a 30% coupon but the book is already available for 40% off, then don't bother with the coupon. They're not going to apply the coupon to the discounted price -- but that's true of most stores. (*) Off hand, I can only think of one chain that sometimes uses their coupons to discount the sale price (and it's a niche store).

But that 40% coupon is really sweet on the vast majority of items in the store. A number of times, I've checked the price on Amazon, only to find that it was cheaper in the store with the 40% off. For example, there was an RPG supplement I was thinking of buying with the coupon last night, and it turns out that the Amazoin price is 34% (and Amazon is currently out of stock).

(*) While grocery stores do often let you use coupons on already discounted items, I don't think that's the same thing as in many cases, they get compensated by the manufacturer. Besides, books aren't toothpaste, even if some of the CEOs of bookstores want to treat them in the same way.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote