View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 03:38 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Well for that, I have malwarebytes pro, and ad blockers for drive-by malware sites.
I have been using Ad blockers, Defender and Malwarebytes Pro together for many years. They work fine together.

Quote:
Maybe that has improved since I quit using it, but it used to be a real pain.
Possibly it has improved. In the 10 years I've using calibre I don't recall Defender ever getting in the way. Then again I also haven't had calibre in the Documents folder in that time either.

Quote:
should you trust the ransomware detect abilities of software that thinks calibre worker processes are ransomware?
Call me old fashioned, but any process that attempts to alter files in a restricted folder should be consider potentially malicious until directed or proven otherwise.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote