View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 03:35 AM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@stumped - AFAIK Defender and MWB take two different approaches to Ransomware protection, and both can peacefully coexist - well on my rigs they can

Since I switched to Win7 in late 2008 (couldn't wait to get off XP) I can't recall having any MS update related problems. Prior to that, problems such as you describe were legion of course.

I've also been running MS Security Essentials/Defender together with MWB Pro since then. IIRC Avast was the last of many AVs I used on XP - they were all nightmares. What I like about my current combination is that I hardly know they are there, both from an interrupt and a performance perspective. And, apart from an obscure weather gadget, I have never had to explicitly exclude any software or data from either of them.

Good grief I just realised I've been running MS AV and MWB together for more than a decade.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-30-2019 at 03:38 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote