View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 02:12 AM   #65
heyneman
heyneman began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR800SG
I'm guessing you're right. After a recalibration I can get the eraser if I click in the bottom right part of the icon.

I've never been very happy with calibration in general on my device. This probably warrants a new thread, but does anyone have an idea of the feasibility of introducing a more comprehensive calibration? (or, as a side note, do the nicer penabled pens help at all?)

It would be great if this could be integrated at a low level, ideally between the wacom drivers and any other system components so that the improved calibration was available everywhere. If that's not possible, then it could probably be integrated into the Xournal port. Given the slow refresh time, adding a little computation to implement a more precise, non-linear mapping of location data before it's used by Xournal shouldn't be noticeable to the user...

This is motivated not just by the eraser icon issue, but by the fact that I have a hard time writing legibly on the device. I've never had that much of an issue writing on my Lenovo X41 tablet, which I believe uses the same generation of Wacom device, so I'm surprised the hardware on the DR800 seems to be less precise...
heyneman is offline   Reply With Quote