View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 07:40 AM   #5
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini&Air&Pro, Samsung Note&Tabs & Huawei MediaPad, Pocketbook
Sure, what else are you going to blame me for? Hurricane Harvey? Yeah, certainly, the lack of Marvin development (both after V2 and after V3) is the fault of one person on MobileRead daring to suggest (once a year in recent years, as you admit!) that Marvin in its present shape is less than wonderful. And, please, don't substitute your imaginations for what has actually been said, repeatedly, over the years. I have constantly both praised (effusively gushed, in fact!) and critiqued Marvin (in the opening post of this thread, too!), and I have contributed to Marvin's development with dozens of hours of unpaid Beta-testing work (and let me assure you, it was hard work), but it would be too much to ask you to actually read my posts other than superficially, right? Nor have I ever suggested that "only my opinion was valid", etc. My opinion is just as valid as anybody else's. If Kris and others are satisfied with the current Marvin (even though its competitors already offer essential features like highlights and annotations syncing), I can certainly live with that. I will then likely continue rating Marvin as 3.5-star software (I just find it impossible to rate an e-reader 4 stars or higher if it lacks highlights and annotations syncing), and will likely move on to a different e-reader in future. But that is not an earth-shattering event. If Marvin can find enough fans and users even with its current mediocre/flawed feature set, then good for Marvin, good for Kris and good for all of you folks who seem to be so ecstatic about the status quo! You don't seem to expect more out of Marvin, but I do, and that's all there is to it.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote