View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Realistically, I'll never get to the films as I watch almost nothing these days, so I'm glad to read your précis. Frankly, the Donna Reed aspect seems like a dealbreaker in itself. Hollywood in the 40s! Nothing had changed in 50 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
And, of course, the homosexual element was only hinted at in the book.
My own inference was that the three men ran the sexuality gamut. I read Lord Henry as essentially heterosexual, given Basil's comment about his uxoriousness, Basil as homosexual and Dorian omnisexual.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote