View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 07:51 AM   #96
JS_F
Connoisseur
JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.

Device: Sony DPT RP1, Remarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangocat View Post
Long time lurker...first time poster...Hi, everyone!

My T103 showed up on Wednesday (US). But I didn't report out my experience since I wanted to have reference point here too. Now that user orebmur voiced his/her opinions, here are what I can add.

1. I have a T80s, and this T103 feels even a bit faster than T80s in terms of page turning/click response time. It's conter-intuitive, but I guess maybe T103's software is more optimized. Not sure about the single-core vs. quad-core comparison though.

2. PDF annotation function and note taking app both work fine, without much lagging most of time. But when annotating complex/large PDF, there might be occasional lagging, but on deal breaker. Also, the note taking app seems to be operating under the so-called "A2" mode. It's fast, but the edge of the writing is a bit jagged . Again, no deal breaker, but may not be as good as for example Boox Note (I don't have this model, just guessing for online videos).

3. Front light is there. I bought T103 specifically for this, because bedtime is my reading time. As user orebmur mentioned, it's working fine. But, it's not as even as T80S, especially when you bring light setting above 50%: right side is brighter than the left side. The vendor cautioned me about this before selling it to me, as a disclosure. The explanation was that due to T103's larger size, frontlight can't be made as even as T80s. I went adead with the purchase anyways, since I crave for the night light. To put the uneveness into perspective, comparing T103 vs. T80's front lighting quality is slmost like comparing a first-gen Nook Glowlight against a current gen Kindle Paperwhite, both of which I have. Here is my personal decision: Even though it's not perfect, it's still working and useful as an added feature, so I will live with it, since I need it. BTW. the youtube demo video seems to have even lighting, but the user never went beyond 50% setting, and we all know phone cameras tend to brighten things up, and wash out some details human eyes may detect.

4. I can also confirm user orebmur that google play app is there, installing Relaunch launcher reveals it.

5. I indeed tried scientific journal 2-column articles on it. With some cropping, you can surely read it, but the font is still about 80% of a real paper printout. So, if you have money, 13.3 inch ereader would be a better fit for this purpose.

Let me know any other questions you may have. So far, I've decided to keep it.
I have one question regarding the PDF annotation:

Are annotations/scribbles saved in the original PDF document or you need to export them in a new PDF file like Onyx?
JS_F is offline   Reply With Quote