View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 04:59 PM   #162
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
The only reason I spent time thinking about it was the book club, so I could kvetch about it. It didn't make me think grand thoughts about morality or ethical issues or even mortality. It didn't make me wonder about the world or examine my beliefs. And it didn't satisfy me as entertainment.
^ this

Has anyone read any of his other books? (Apologies if I've missed any commentary on this, I'm brain dead from too much time commuting. This is really for the V&R thread, but the train driver today "forgot" to stop at my station, adding an extra hour on to my journey home - I also had a 60 mile drive after that debacle). I just wonder if Never Let Me Go is typical or atypical of his output?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote