View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 02:33 PM   #161
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Never Let Me Go implies larger issues which are successfully or not successfully explored, where no one reads The House on the Strand expecting anything much more than romantic suspense.
The House on the Strand also makes me think, at least a little bit, about the pull of the past, whether I would actually want to chuck the present for the past, why or why not. I wouldn't doubt that some readers might have been inspired to read more about the 14th century.

Never Let Me Go gave me nothing to ponder other than its flaws.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote