View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 03:53 AM   #157
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
The only reason I spent time thinking about it was the book club, so I could kvetch about it. It didn't make me think grand thoughts about morality or ethical issues or even mortality. It didn't make me wonder about the world or examine my beliefs. And it didn't satisfy me as entertainment.
But compare your reaction to this versus what we're seeing for The House on the Strand - there we are seeing quite a few people that didn't enjoy the book, but the reaction is mostly "meh!", no one seems that upset about it. Whereas Never Let Me Go seems to have actively annoyed those people that that didn't enjoy it, and I find that interesting and suggestive.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote