View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 10:05 PM   #156
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
The only reason I spent time thinking about it was the book club, so I could kvetch about it. It didn't make me think grand thoughts about morality or ethical issues or even mortality. It didn't make me wonder about the world or examine my beliefs. And it didn't satisfy me as entertainment.
Nor me. But for the book club I would almost certainly still have finished the book, following which I would have put it down with a sense of frustration and the lack of desire to bother reading anything by the author again. Which is what I have done anyway, save for my participation in this discussion. I wasn't thinking grand thoughts either when reading the book. I was simply growing more and more frustrated waiting for details of the world which never came. Perhaps if the world was properly drawn it may well have been a catalyst for deeper thinking instead of deeper frustration.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote