View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 12:55 AM   #5
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Great nominations so far. I had wanted to nominate The Adventures of Nicholas Experience (or The Adventures of Mr. Nicholas Wisdom) by Ignacy Krasicki and written in 1776, which is regarded as the first Polish novel and sounds something like a less zany Candide, as the main character travels around the world and ends up in a fictional version of Japan where he experiences a rational enlightenment. However, I couldn’t find a sample to try and with two other strong candidates and only two nominations I had to pass.

So, I nominate The Monk by Matthew Lewis and The Vicar of Wakefield by Oliver Goldsmith. I’ll add more info about them soon.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote