View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #88
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I hope you're right, Mrs O Being new to Kobo, I'm not very familiar with 'the Kobo way'. As far as I know, Sony and Pocketbook upgrades were always a complete system reinstallation.
Up till now there's only been one absolutely vital firmware installation that was needed to be able to go to a higher up version of the firmware. However, this was only necessary for a certain small batch of devices that had problems in their factory firmware. This intermediate update fixed the factory firmware and allowed those devices to use whichever firmware their owners desired.

But, for most of us, there's never been any necessary firmware update and we've been able to choose to stick with certain versions or install newer versions as we please.*

Mrs O
(I like that, thanks )

*If we're on an older-than-current firmware, making sure either to not sync, or to delete the installation files after syncing and before restarting. Because if new firmware is available, it is automatically downloaded onto the device via Wifi during a sync [but the new firmware will not be installed until a restart is done... but now I'm talking in circles ].

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 02-14-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote