View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
start over.
delete what is in calibre. configure calibre to view mobi with its own viewer, or install kindle for PC , or both.

add teh book to calibre - you now have a .mobi format book
view it with calibre / with kindle for PC check that all is Ok with chapters & navigation.

then redo your book cover changes. ( that is in edit metadata I assume)

then reconvert mobi to mobi - double check all settings - the one most likely to mess with chapters is having heuristics turned on.

view the output of that stage on PC.

if OK, then send to kindle, but I would delete the original from kindle before placing the new version on there ( or change the title ) so that Kindle is not being confused by an overwrite of what it had before ( it shouldn't be , but its safer to rule that out ). you can always retrieve your amazon original from amazon archives.

to be honest though, K3 makes such a poor job of displaying book covers I wonder why you are bothering ? - you can only see covers on K3 by selecting book then right arrow, or by opening book at start followed by left arrow, and the former only shows a tiny black n white thumbnail .
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote