View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 09:12 AM   #15
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenam View Post
I tried your solution in post 2 by remain only the displayed fonts, but then Nickel start acting weird. For example, the book is loaded, but could not open.

Either other mods I installed conflict, or I did it wrong elsewhere...

Edit 1: The correct "font-deleting" method for me is to delete everything, except KBJ-TsukuMinPr6N-RB.ttf and Kobo Nickel.

Edit 2: By doing so, the GUI display is perfect, but then if I click on any book, it just display a blank page. Next click brings me back to the home screen and the book selected will displayed as read. I guess some of the fonts I deleted are the cause of this bug. Again, it should be try and err.
Did you try to open the font menu and select an existing font family after opening a book? Or does any touch bring you back to the home screen, not only those for page turning?
If this does not work, it might perhaps help if you replace the references to deleted fonts by references to still existing fonts in the database (KoboReader.sqlite, content settings: ReadingFontFamily)!
Edit: There is also an entry in the configuration file (Kobo eReader.conf) that determines which font is used when you open a book for the first time. You can try deleting this entry.

Last edited by tshering; 01-09-2017 at 09:26 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote