View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #10
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan de V View Post
It really surprises me that Adobe or A.N. Other big player who has adopted Adobe DRM epub e.g. Sony haven't put some resources into developing a software reader for Adobe DRM for use on Android / Windows / iphone. It is Amazon's strategy that I thought played well to the galleries. Being able to synchronize between your phone and dedicated ereader is functionality I want and I would guess is popular?
I have seen a few people wonder why sony haven't got an app on other hardware and the answer is pretty obvious, they are in the hardware business and what little interest they have in their bookstore is in how it helps hardware sales, in countries outside north america they didn't even bother with their own store and are just partnered up with local retailers e.g. waterstones in the uk.

Adobe on the other hand not being more proactive does seem very odd since the combination of adobe drm and epub was basically the standard outside north america with all ebook sellers with kindle being almost nowhere, but all that lead will vanish with the fragmentation of epub support due to ibooks and b&n using other drm and amazon getting a kindle app on every devicetype in existence.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote