View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #7
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I would suggest that you create one example multi-layout source with a few pages of Lorem Ipsum, with several chapters, subchapters, TOC, a few footnotes and references.
Then we might think about automating creation process.

There are a few "self contained" LaTeX environments, like MikTex - do you might have a look.

Important question is, how much portable do you want to make the system. Should it be portable across the entire Win, MacOSX, Linux, FreeBSD environment?

Another idea is to take a format, like FB2 and make a parser that would create LaTeX source .

Would it be feasible to use Scribus? - An opensource program that would like to be an inDesign alternative.
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Wo...h_latex_frames

Final thought. We should not start "big". For the begining a simple system that would create just one format (display size) with support just for chapter headings and base text would be enough.

Disclaimer:
I do not really use or know LaTeX. LaTex is just at the top of my "To Do" list, and has been there for more than a decade ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote