View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #9
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is there any reason to suppose that the firmware wouldn't be interchangeable? On earlier Onyx models that were rebranded by other retailerss (eg the Onyx Boox 60, which was also sold by BeBook as the BeBook Neo) you could install whichever firmware appealed to you.
Yeah, the BeBooks were good that way. I used to have a BeBook One (a Hanlin V3) that you could run any V3 OEM firmware on you liked. Once upon a time I even had a hacked-together firmware that did MobiPocket and Adobe DRM at the same time, which no official version was able (read: allowed by Amazon) to do.

I kept going back to OpenInkpot, though.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote