View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 08:30 PM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
For instance, if you don't like the 'delete-a-book' icon (called trash.png) just find a .png you do like, and copy it to your config directory
Last time we had a thread like this you attached the trash icon you were using and I popped into my images folder. It was quite strange for a week or so not seeing the green arrows, but I'm still using it today. Thanks again for that icon.

As for this thread everything can be improved and I'm sure the calibre UI is a prime candidate for improvement. Fortunately for me my imagination / vision is limited. So it is hard for me to envision it any other way, but I look forward to any changes that someone may develop from threads like this.

I'm a little strange in that I find the full extent of calibre's features to be very complex and I love the complete flexibility of the UI that mates with this complexity. I frequently turn on and off the tag browser, cover browser and book details panes as needed. I populated the optional text menu across the top. I have removed some default icons in the main toolbar and added some select plugins in their place. My context menus, instead of being bloated with all of the plugins are populated as I like, streamlined to my tastes.

This complexity / flexibility is probably very confusing to the new user and I can see the UI (if the right developer comes forward) changing to accommodate these users. Until that change comes though I'm happy wallowing through all of the options.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote