View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #6
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Does the Kindle not maintain a cache of book files it has found on the device? Where does it store bookmarks and history and so on? On the SONY you can edit the metadata in the cache to have it show up however you want (that's what libprs500 does).
The Gen3 store bookmark in a special data file one per book. I do not think there is a reason to cache the meta data information since it is stored uncompressed and unencrypted in the first record of the file. It is as fast to read that data as to read a cache.

But maybe I just have missed a global cache file. I will look for it sometimes...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote