View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 12:33 PM   #8
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattepiu View Post
Really nice program, I'm actually using it however I have a couple suggestions:
1) Spaces into filenames is really an ugly bug and I'm quite sure there's some way java can handle them, for example with bash you should enclose filenames variables in "" (see below).
That no spaces in path restriction is a real pita. If I remember right (and I may not as I had to handle this a long time ago) the problem was with the way Java calls ImageMagick as an external program. So it isn't a bug in Java or IM but rather the combination of the two. Or it may have been one of those things that works in linux but not in windows. If I have time I'll look into it again.

Quote:
2) Would be great to have some command line option more, like one for where to find the profile file and some for the most used parameters like width/dpi/colors
I'll consider adding an option for specifying the .properties file location. Someone else has requested this feature as well.
-Edit- I've coded this feature, it will be included in the next release.

I think an early version of Canti had more command line options, but I removed them because I try to keep things as simple as possible for non-technical users. Because this program is designed to process manga for a specified ereader device, the average user shouldn't need to adjust values at runtime like width, height, ... basically anything that is under the ImageMagick keys section of the .properties file.

Quote:
3) Resize is great but not if page is already smaller than values given, imagemagick has an option to "Only Shrink Larger Images" that's like : "-resize 64x64\>" where the "\>" tells imagemagick to only shrink.... it's already used? (I found it here)
That's the opposite behavior than what I wanted for Canti. I like smaller images to be expanded to take full advantage of the size of an ereader screen, and I don't mind if an image is too big because a larger image will allow you to zoom in and maintain quality. The way it works now is that if you specify a width and height then all images will be resized accordingly (maintaining aspect ratio, of course). You can also set width and height to -1 and the images will not be resized (I use that setting for my iPad since most of my scans are larger than the iPad screen, and the iPad is great at zooming).

Last edited by lilman; 07-28-2010 at 05:18 PM.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote