View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 07:32 AM   #435
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Depends on the author. Really (without using the internet), can you tell me when Jack Chalker died? Or Fred Saberhagen? Or Brian Daley? Or Jack Lovejoy? Sadly, many (most?) mid-tier authors die with very little attention or fanfare.
I suspect that's true of most authors. There aren't very many who get a mention on national news when they die. Fandom spreads the news if you are a fan, or perhaps they have an online presence.

For the most part, someone who sells enough books to spark a boost in sales when they die, likely already has most of their books in ebook format. For the most part, the books we are talking about in this thread tend to be semi orphaned works. I suspect that the vast majority of books mentioned in the thread would be in PD under the previous 28 + 28 rule.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote