View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 03:05 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieOPah View Post
I am in the process of formatting a number of books. Basically correcting mistakes, sorting out the chapters etc.

Currently I am creating them as RTF files. I am not bothered about creating any other file format at the moment...

What I would like to know is what is the best page size to create for viewing on the reader? I would like it that when editing all my page breaks etc. are in the right place.

Many thanks,
RTF is not "page based", so the concept of "page size" is pretty meaningless. Put a hard page break between chapters, but don't worry about it otherwise.

As others have said, RTF isn't a terribly good format for the Sony, in that you don't get any images, table of contents, etc. Better to convert to Sony's native "LRF" format using a tool like Calibre or Book Designer.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote