View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 09:44 AM   #65
Lima7
Connoisseur
Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
A few things, assuming you really want to know.

When a device nearly three years old ("two" was rather duplicitous) breaks, it's really way past time to say, something was wrong with it when I got it, or words to that effect. "it was really disappointing since the problem was coming from THEM, not me. I never dropped my device, never spilled water on it, nothing. It's a problem that is coming from their device, they should at least try to fix it..."

Devices do die. It's reasonable to ask if this is the typical lifespan of a Kobo, much less reasonable to expect them to make you whole after three years. That's why the typical warranty in these cases is one year. By that time, any defect at shipment has most likely manifested itself.

Then there's the issue of wait times. We've all been on hold far too long; that's not unique to Kobo. And, frankly, given you shaded your comment about the age of your reader in your favor....

Finally, Kobo CS can be frustrating, but since the resolution was that they were giving you $20 out of goodwill, that seemed a handsome offer. Overall, a good experience.

We do get it. It's upsetting when a loved device goes paws up. But no device lasts forever and pushing the three-year mark you have to take a deep breath as you consider your options. Rantiness doesn't help, not with dealing with CS and not here. If you wanted to get something off your chest, mission accomplished. But you can't control how people will take it and you got useful information here from which I hope you'll benefit.

It's a community that among other things tries to help each other out, presumably that's why you came here with your issue. I get that you were taken aback by the response, but it was good information just the same. Affirmation of your lack of understanding about the problem wouldn't have helped. And, for the record, you had no point to prove.
Lol you need to stop assuming things like that. My reader is 2 years, not 2 years and 9 months. I had to change it after less than a year the first time. Mind you, they have all that information on my account, I would not be able to lie to them.

I will not change my opinion. I received bad CS. That wait time is not acceptable, period.

Edit : I believe I need to say it again. I do understand that the problem comes from me, which is why my first post is not so accurate anymore. The 20$ offer, I get it. The wait time, I don't.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Have a good day.

Last edited by Lima7; 03-24-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Lima7 is offline   Reply With Quote