View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 11:47 PM   #3
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by _CL View Post
First, on Friday, after not using the nook for a couple days, the nook was locked up tight. It was frozen on the screensaver. The power button had no effect. I charged it overnight via USB - no change. I followed the troubleshooting at B&N nook support - holding the power button for 20+ seconds had no effect. I removed the battery - no change. So, I used the AC adapter for 2+ hours - after that the nook recovered.
The nook must be turned on to really charge. It may be that your battery ran out and it doesn't turn on for USB. I might have to test this out.

Quote:
Second, on Saturday, while navigating the touch screen, the nook crashed and had a hard reset (went through the complete power up sequence).
Nope, not yet.

Quote:
Third, last night, I was reading the nook and left it on my desk to let the screensaver kick in. When I awoke this morning (8+ hours later), the nook had not entered screensaver mode. It still showing the last page I had read last night.
I have seen strange behavior such as hitting power to put it to sleep, and then having the nook wake up a minute later (with page and LCD on). I should have left it to see if it shut back down, but, since it updates the e-ink display every minute for the clock, this might explain why your battery was dead (as was likely the case above).
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote