Thread: rtf to epub?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
If you have MSWord, I have had very good results by loading the rtf in Word, doing all my editing using a standard template, then saving as type Webpage-Filtered to get HTML. Then I load the HTML version into calibre before converting to epub.

If you do it this way make sure you format your Chapter headings with one of the default Word Heading styles (Heading 1-6) so that you can tell Calibre how to detect Chapters (i.e. tag h1-h6).
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote