View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
A1. Download my ePub sample. That has a resizing cover using SVG. Just unzip it and take a look at the code.

A2. Hmm... I think this can be done using an image file and resizing it non-proportionally. I'll see if I can come up with something.

A3. See A1. If you want to embed commercial fonts you'll also want to encrypt them. I've made a Python script that will encrypt embedded fonts to the Adobe specification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
1. I want to include cover art that scales with the screen size. I believe this is done using SVG, but I've no idea how.

2. One of my books in its pbook form uses a pair of parrallel horizontal lines to the right of every chapter heading. How do I put horizontal lines after the text? I assume I would be putting in image files for the horizontal line. Is it possible to fix their position to be just after the heading text. Would using SVG make it possible to stretch them to go to the far right of the screen regardless of the screen size?

3. How do I embed fonts?

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-03-2009 at 10:06 AM. Reason: added link for the python script
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote