View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
I understand what you're saying, but I don't understand why you're saying it ! while it's true that most eInk reader are 6" screens, I would guess they make up a mere plurality of all devices used to read ebooks. And moreover, people change font sizes and font-family on their eInk readers, so what you're looking at on your 6" is more than likely NOT exactly what a reader will see on his or her machine. Checking to see if your book "looks good" within certain fixed, precise dimensions is fooling yourself into thinking that more than 1 out of ten readers will see it displayed exactly as you've designed it. Given that, why not just satisfy yourself with the ballpark capabilities built into Sigil?
I did also say to use ADE (desktop) which will be a different size then a 6" Reader. But if you can make it look good in a number of different sizes, then it's a go (IMHO).

Because sometimes Sigil displays differently then ADE.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote