View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #189
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0nd View Post
Just tried to launch it on my Paperwhite, the xterm itself seems to work fine, but there's no keyboard. Obviously I don't use GUI launcher, so I had to start it through SSH, here's what I get:
Code:
[root@kindle bin]# sh xterm.sh
Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
/mnt/us/xterm/bin/xterm: Failed to open input method
Any ideas as to what went wrong? I understand this hasn't been adapted or tested for Paperwhite yet, but maybe we could figure something out.
This messages should not be fatal. Maybe keyboard is hidden behind main window?
Is matchbox-keyboard running?
What is the output of "xwininfo -root -children | grep matchbox"?
You could try running xterm and then matchbox-keyboard separately. Or just running keyboard alone to see if it works. Look into xterm.sh for proper commands.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote