View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 10:33 AM   #1372
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by alerum68 View Post
I'm having the same issue. The plugin was working fine until around May 11, 2020. That is the last date that synced. When I tried to add to to currently-reading and back to read it did fix the date issue, but because of me setting it up to upload date read on adding, it sync'd today's date, instead of my original read date. So it gave me an idea for a suggestion: Change the behavior to sync the first date read from Goodreads, instead of the last.

edit: Went back in, and redid all the dates. When I go to download again, the dates are missing from those same books. I think it has to do with the last update, and changing the date read in Goodreads instead of Calibre. If Calibre changes it, and then downloads it, it works fine.
If when doing a "Add to shelf" and you have it updating the read date on GR, then it takes the date from a column. A column you specify and set. If the wrong date is sent, it is most likely because you set the wrong date. Or are you saying that it didn't use the column you specified as the "Date read column" and just used today's date?

If you are downloading the date read during a "Sync from shelf", it can only use the most recently set date. That is all that is available in the API. So, if on the 1st of January you set the read date to the 1st of January, and on the 2nd of January, you set it to the 25th of December, the date the plugin will get is the 25th of December. I'm not completely sure of that as it has been a while since I tested this.

If you are seeing something else, I need some detail. Ideally, a debug log showing what happened. But, the precise steps for how to reproduce it. Without that, it can get hard to work out what is actually going on.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote