View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 05:25 PM   #22
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
One of the things that, for me, qualifies a novel as being a good one is if on getting to the end of it one feels that a reread would deliver more from it without its becoming boring. For example, most of Dickens novels are that way for me, the only exception being Bleak House which for me moves as slowly and tediously as the Jarndyce and Jarndyce case in its background.

I have to say that Babette's Feast, although a short story and as I have said I am not a fan of short stories, holds that measure of quality for me. So I may even read it again; heaven knows I may even sometime have a go at the whole Anecdotes of Destiny collection .
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote