View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #12
Murphey
Murphey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikspeare View Post
Frankly, I'm just fed up with the limited functionality of the DX - the 2.5 update has been a disappointment. The formats that can be used are limited too. The wireless function on US DX is useless if you're not in the US. Internal PDF navigation is poor.

I bought the DX to open up reading possibilities. My first ereader was a Sony 505 but I soon realised I wanted something that could do a better job of rendering a complex PDF file. It's still a great reader (the 505 I mean), but the DX just didn't meet up to my expectations. It could if Amazon weren't so obsessed with control. But I just can't be bothered to wait it out, anymore.

So, I'm now thinking why don't I just ditch the DX and get myself an iPad?
I have both and love them both. For reasons stated frequently, the Kindle is frankly better for reading books, lighter, easier to read in direct light, etc. It is for a dedicated purpose and shines in that area. If you are trading the kindle for an ipad because you want a better reader, that is a mistake. The IPAD is obviously more versatile and useful in other areas.
Murphey is offline   Reply With Quote