View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 08:08 AM   #7
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Thats all great news. I only hope it is not true that the official Sony software does not include tools to convert ebooks outside the officially approved format (BBeB)

Otherwise we'd have to wait until someone cracks the DRM...
Which probably wouldn't be too long. Slashdot links today to the Linux for iPod project, which has developed an operable Linux kernal for the extremely closed-source iPod through some reverse engineering and trial and error. And once the epaper technology is established, it surely won't be long before it is used for other readers. This reader is beautiful, but it's a bit big for me. I like my Palm because it's pocket-sized and I can read it anywhere...
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote