View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #43
geoffwood
Addict
geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT+K4T+PRST1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
You don't really save money, it's just less going out of your pocket every month. Almost $600 off-contract. $1,080 for two years at $45. Add the phone price and it's $1,680 plus taxes.

The contract phones on the other hand are $200 at 16GB, and around $60 per month which is $1,440 plus taxes.

$200/yr extra just for getting that unlimited plan. It used to be A LOT more cheaper.
To correct a couple of points:
  1. If your math was correct (which it isn't), that's not $200/year, it is $200 over two years, so $100/year
  2. You forgot to factor in the cost of the phone in the second example, so the $200 difference just evaporated. The difference is $40 over 2 years to get unlimited data and be contract free.

Certainly mobile data is not cheap, but for a lot of people it is as important, if not more so, than their home internet connection. I am grandfathered on an unlimited data plan from AT&T, together with a Samsung Note running CM9 I can wirelessly tether any WiFi device at LTE speeds so for me it is money well spent.

Last edited by geoffwood; 07-20-2012 at 09:23 AM.
geoffwood is offline   Reply With Quote