Thread: scan to eBook
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 08:36 PM   #1
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
Question scan to eBook

Hi, I'm considering the project of taking a book or two I own, that are not available in eINK and then scanning them, filtering through OCR software and then making my own PRIVATE eINK readable books.

Has anyone done this? I'd be curious as to the problems encountered and level of effort it took.

I am eventually going to be down sizing to a small travel trailer, and spend my time on the road. Because there won't be much room for books, I wonder if this is possible.

Red
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote