View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #9
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
ICE

Well, I researched what has been said here.

1. The V5 does not have the selection in the Settings screen to change the pictures, as the Jinke site indicated the V3 has. So no easy change that way unless it is added in a firmware update.

2. After thinking about it, the opening and closing pages just flash on for a second or two, so they wouldn't been seen very much, especially if that is where you put your ownership information.

So, I decided to borrow on the cell phone suggestion, and produced an ICE file. I made a jpeg picture, put my information on it and stuck it in a folder named "1. ICE" The "1." so it would sort first on the screen. After I got the picture, I thought, why a picture, so today I'm going to supplement it with a files with my information.

Now I can leave my picture on the screen if I want to, since SUPPOSEDLY, the eink does not draw power just leaving it there. And it will be filed under ICE for emergencies.

For those who may not know about ICE, the emergency personel, EMT's, Firefighters, Police, know to look for an ICE (In Case of Emergency) file on cell phones, to help identify who the peson is and who to contact. Personally I think it is a great idea, though I do not put my address, just phone numbers there.

Thoughts, anyone...

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote