View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 02:37 AM   #6
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I'll be re-reading Lady Chatterly's Lover. Great book.
How does it compare to Sons & Lovers? That's the only D.H. Lawrence I've ever read (and only then via the compulsion of it being a set school text), despite being inexplicably chuffed at sharing the same surname. I enjoyed Sons & Lovers, feeling like it was the first "mature" text we'd been taught. I've not even read Kangaroo, though one of my favourite quotes describing Sydney comes from it ("And it didn't seem to be real, it seemed to be sprinkled on the surface of a darkness into which it never penetrated").

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote