View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
Killian
Enthusiast
Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Understanding the Advanced Options for adding metadata when unknown?

I will soon be getting my 505 over the next few days and have already been loading a few of my rtf collections into calibre. I noticed that for some reason it kept getting the title and author mixed up so had a play around with the advanced settings where it can be configured.

I tried to figure out how it was doing what it was doing by swapping the author and title locations though it still wouldn't work correctly.

I was wondering if someone could either create a brief sticky with a guide for setting up our own masks or if someone could explain how I'd do one for the following styles?

These aren't actually the books (I'm not at home at the minute and they're free books I was importing but can't recall the titles) but the styles are the same.

King, Stephen - The Dark Tower 01 - Gunslinger
J. K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Would I have to create a mask for each style and swap them when loading into my library or could I create one master one that sets any text after and prior to '-' with a number in as a series name?
Killian is offline   Reply With Quote