View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 02:00 AM   #9
aerodynamik
Enthusiast
aerodynamik doesn't litteraerodynamik doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I've seen the same warning the other way around, when switching from my main account in Germany.
Amazon describes the differences for eBooks, apps, movies and so on.
I don't have any subscriptions, so I didn't run into any problems.

Their (Amazon's) assumption: If you switch countries, you're most likely physically in that country. And then Amazon is not willing to pay the additional costs for data transfer. You receive a similar message on your Kindles.
Something like: "You can buy your books globally and receive them for free. But not so for subscriptions".

Given the warning from Amazon:
Your active subscription gets cancelled.
The remaining issues will be refunded.
You remain in the other account for some time.
You switch back to your main account and start the subscription again.
You shouldn't loose any money or issues by that.
Only question: What about the former issues? Would you want to access them again?
Thanks!

Yeah, I sometimes am going back to old issues on my kindle and look at an article I read over a year ago.

Is there some other way to backup those issues, e.g. through Calibre and would I then be able to just transfer them back on my Kindle?

Thinking about Calibre. It is rather rare that I would buy an ebook from the German Amazon Store. Could I download the eBook from on Amazon onto my PC (they'll give that option) and then transfer the file through Calibre on my Kindle?

EDIT: Just tried this out with a free ebook from Amazon DE. Same procedure as above, you have to transfer your account first. I guess I am looking for a way to backup my subscriptions safely before trying this out

Last edited by aerodynamik; 07-24-2013 at 02:03 AM.
aerodynamik is offline   Reply With Quote