View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #9
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
You are welcome.
Quote:
installed the 505 bios but it only goes into the menu and then
automatically pops up the firmware upgrader the first time the usb is disconnected after a full format of the main drive.
After format of the main drive there shouldn't/couldn't be a firmware-updater as the updater is a AUTORUN program based on "autrun.js" and "autorun.xml" in /Sony Reader/software/

Quote:
Would it be relatively safe for me to use command prompt to recreate the master partition record using diskpart and see if that fixes that particular problem?
Can't recommend this, as I'm absolutely out of my depth, but as the drive presented as "READER" to the host is only the branch \Data\ of the readers file-system, I'm not sure if you can reach the master partition record via USB.
Most probably you would have to use a startup/autorun script to let it be done by the readers embedded Linux.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote