View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #12
craigceg
craigceg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I'm running Outlook 2003 and it will not Export to a vCard format. That is what the Fires Contacts will import. Don't know what version you are running or if the newer versions of Outlook will Export to vCard. You could probably export your Contacts to a Windows comma separated value file and then import that to another program that will export to vCard.

I have Comcast as my ISP and I used the address book from there to import to the Fire. Comcast exported to vCard.

Carol
I know this is an older post, however my information will be helpful to people in the future. Carol is correct in stating that Outlook 2003 will not export contacts as VCF, HOWEVER you can get them. Go to the contacts in Outlook, select them all, then go to "Actions" in the toolbar and select "forward as Vcard" and it will open a blank email with all your contacts as attached Vcards. Send the email to yourself. Open the received email and then "save attachments" to a folder of your choice. You now have all your contacts in VCF format.
craigceg is offline   Reply With Quote