View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 12:02 AM   #331
LinuxReader
LinuxReader can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LinuxReader can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LinuxReader can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LinuxReader can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LinuxReader can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LinuxReader can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LinuxReader can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LinuxReader can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LinuxReader can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LinuxReader can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.LinuxReader can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by komugi View Post
@ Linux User, why not just build a Virtual Machine?
This is probably getting a bit off-topic, but my main objection is that, to be legal, I would have to buy a copy of Windows to install on the virtual machine.

Also, as JSWolf mentioned, I don't trust a virtual machine not to crash or pause unexpectedly during the update, which may or may not cause problems for the PRS-T1, depending on how Sony have implemented the update. For which reason, even if I were using a Windows PC, I would still rather perform the update by transferring the update file to the PRS-T1 and then initiating the update not connected to a PC. However this is probably just me being paranoid!
LinuxReader is offline   Reply With Quote