View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenchu View Post
First, thanks again for the plug-ins!
Now, a small trouble/question: searching 'Manybooks for Author'
* I noticed that they seem to require {author_sort} (yes, I keep my authors unsorted)
* Tried to substitute {author} with {author_sort} in the plug-in, but the field-value was not picked up - i.e., the search was for '{author_sort}', literally.
Is there some work-around? I wish to add Project Gutemberg, and {author_sort} would be thing there as well, I think. Alternatively, I am going to try {author_spaced}.
The plugin does not currently use the template processor, so substituting other values than those listed in the help file for the plugin will not get you anywhere

For author, your only choices currently are {author} or {author_spaced}. They both pull from the same database field in Calibre, the only difference is the former will pass the author as "Joe+Smith" and the latter as "Joe Smith" (required for lovereading.co.uk).

Why would you not populate the author sort field in Calibre? It is populated automatically if your tweak is set correctly, it is one of those "set and forget" fields for me that I never need to subsequently edit?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote