View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
And I thought that Asus was supposed to use a SiPix screen. And compete as a lower cost unit... Hopefully that one, a 6", is still to come.

The article refers to a "an 8-inch 64-grayscale TFT-LCD screen without backlight". I wonder if that is a misprint by someone who wasn't paying much attention since SiPix is (I think) made on coverted LCD production lines, or that is actually what it is. While I want it to be the fomer that may actually compete with e-ink for being easier on the eyes for extended reading, I fear it is the latter due to how precise the description is. It will be interesting when the reviewers start getting units and a real spec sheet from Asus comes out. My previously high hopes for this unit are falling quickly.

I really hope that Nate the Great is on the list for a review unit.
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote