View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 04:55 AM   #7
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
I've emailed cooler support asking for information about what has changed, but I'm still waiting for a response at the moment.

From visual inspection the following changes have been made:
* Turned off automatically opening the last book you read where you left it.
* Added date/time section so you can set this - although the only place you can view it is in the library, not whilst reading.
* Replaced a bunch of graphics, they're still a bit tacky though.
* Turned off the greyscale loading rainbow and instead replaced it with progress-bar style loader.
* They broke the turn-off-whilst-device-is-horizontal power-off image display. In the 0828 firmware version if you turned the device off whilst it was horizontal the power-off image was displayed correctly - now the image is truncated slightly because they don't reotate back to portrait mode before switching the device off.

I haven't seen much difference in terms of reading.
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote