View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #52
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Tolino Shine Hacked

It's been hacked and runs Android 2.3, which is an upgrade on 2.1 which the Nook STR runs. In addition, it has a front-light. I await with interest to see if the root is stable. At 99 euro, it would make a nice little tablet that can be read in sunlight for the tech-savvy. Another question is if it can be run with noflash (i.e. smooth, LCD-like animation). Nate the Great sensibly suggests its based on the Onyx hardware, which I believe is stable as an Android tablet and includes noflash animation. Hmm. I wonder what it would cost to ship from Deutschland.

How long will it be before we start seeing e-readers marketed as e-ink tablets? IMO this would significantly alter the current e-reader market.
For whatever reasons, shipment from Germany (or most other European countries) to the US is way cheaper than the other way around.
For a unit like that, shipment from the US to Germany would be about $ 40.
From Germany to the US via DHL is about $ 15 (!!): http://www.dhl.de/en.html
For VAT and customs in the US I have no experience, only the other way around. From the US to Germany, customs and VAT would be about 25%.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote