View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #87
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post
Why? When I find an author I like, I buy his books new. I want him to keep on writing. Who cares what his opinions on libraries are? I do use book stores, new & old, as places ot find such books. Not libraries, though. Too much "popular" stuff not reflecting my taste.
If he kept his opinions to himself, I'm a *shrug*. Instead, he's using his voice in a powerful media outlet to campaign against libraries. My money, my choice. And our libraries have many, many copies of his books - no trouble at all getting hold of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post
My deal with my kids was always that I'd buy them any book they wanted, so long as they committed to try to read it. Any subject, no questions asked. Their libraries were Borders and Barnes & Noble.
How lovely for you to be that wealthy. I can't afford a $10-$20 dollar a day reading habit.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote